- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoon La Chinata hot smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon La Chinata smoked pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons red vine vinegar
- 250 ml ketchup
In a heavy bottom saucepan heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, mustard powder, smoked pepper flakes and hot smoked paprika and cook for 30 seconds. Add the sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and 200 ml water and mix to combine.
Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer undercover, for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until thickened. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Use immediately or transfer in a sterilized bottle or jar and store in a fridge for up to 2 weeks (300ml).